Express Entry (EE) is NOT a program under which you immigrate to Canada, rather It is an online immigration application system. It allows interested applicants to submit a profile and be considered as a skilled immigrant. Candidates with the eligible CRS scores based on the rankings are invited to apply (ITA) for permanent residency.
Canadian permanent residents have the right to:
1) To receive almost all social benefits that Canadian citizens are entitled to, including Canadian health care.
2) To live, work and study in any Canadian province or territory.
3) To eventually apply for Canadian citizenship.
4) To protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
What Canadian permanent residents cannot do
1) Vote or run for political office,
2) Hold some jobs that need a high-level security clearance.
Permanent resident status is maintained if a person is physically resident in Canada for at least 730 days (2 years) within any period of 5 years, or if other circumstances are met.
If not physically present in Canada, permanent resident status can be maintained while abroad where the Canadian resident is abroad with a Canadian citizen spouse or parent; with a Canadian employer, or with a Canadian permanent resident who works for a Canadian employer.
A student who is interested to persue his education in Canada must apply for a study permit before coming to Canada. You need to ensure that you have a letter of acceptance from the designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada that has accepted you before you begin the application process.
You can apply for the study permit at the Canadian visa office for your country, or at a Visa Application Centre or online.
You now need to give your Biometrics( fingerprints and photo) when you apply for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence. To check who needs to give biometrics Click Here.